Bethany


Get a Voki now!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tool 9: Sharing Information Through Jing & Skype

Jing is so cool! I had heard of 'Snag it' but I watched the educational video on how Jing works and it made it so easy to understand. I think it can come in handy when we're on different computers, and in different rooms at work and want to show our coworkers what we're looking at quickly. Also, when we're home and using our computers but want to share what's on our screen with a coworker.
And I am a HUGE fan of Skype! My parents lived in Saudi Arabia for 20 years and we got Skype a few years ago and it amazing! So easy to use, and such a great way to communicate. The link '50 Awesome Ways to Use Skype in School' had some really great ideas for using Skype in the classroom! Some of my favorites were, 'Inclusion — helping a classmate join the classroom from home.' This particular student had leukemia and was able to participate through Skype, so awesome! Another one was 'Share students’ work with parents.' The parents had a first hand look at their child's work in the classroom. Also 'Conference with parents' this would come in handy when parents are unable to make it up to school for student-teacher conferences. And I really liked the idea of using Skype for 'Professional development' in case I was out of town or unable to make a particular conference I would be able to participate via Skype! So awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment