Bethany


Get a Voki now!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tool 10: Exploring Mobile Technology And Apps

1. Discuss some of the free educational apps you revewed.
One App that I thought was amazing was the 'Library Of Congress'! There are unlimited resources and amazing pictures that you could use to keep your students engaged in your classroom. I also enjoyed 'Advanced Vocabulary Genius by Brainscape', this could help students in every grade, and even help us adults improve our vocabulary! Also, 'Read Me Stories - Children's books By 8Interactive Limited' is a great App! It gives new readers a great way to follow along, practice reading and learn new words. I also enjoyed 'Math Drills Lite By Instant Interactive', this App would have come in handy last year when we were learning about number lines and division and multiplication. I look forward to using it as a teaching tool in this upcoming school year.

2. OPTIONAL: If you had an opportunity to play with one of the devices, briefly describe your experience. Was there a WOW moment?
I attended a Staff Development class for 'IPod Touch, Mobile Content, and the Classroom Teacher' in June and learned a lot! It was slightly overwhelming since I have not personally owned an IPod but I thought all the endless possibilities were incredible. I'm looking forward to utilizing all that I've learned in the classroom. But with so my much to learn, this is definitely something I'll have to keep practicing at!

3. Discuss ways your students could use the iTouch or iPad and appropriate apps in your class.
The first thing that comes to mind when I think of using the ITouch or IPad in the classroom is workstations! Particularly for my students that are advanced and finish assignments before the other ones; I think it would be great to have them constantly mentally stimulated by engaging them in different learning opportunities using both the ITouch and IPad! And after exploring some of the free Apps and attending the staff development I think the learning opportunities for both the students and myself are endless! I look forward to utilizing all the new technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment