Bethany


Get a Voki now!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

After 11 Tools: Reflections

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
One of my favorite activities on here was Tool 7: Digital Storytelling. There are so many different things the students can do with these in the classroom. One activity they could do is create their own story using their own imagination, pictures, and individual creativity!
Skype is also a great resource for the students! If I could get my students to set up Skype from home they could contact me for homework questions, their parents could have video conferences with me at their convenience, there's so many exciting ways to use Skype.

2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?
As a new teacher last year, I was slightly overwhelmed, I was constantly soaking up all the different resources that I could use and apply in my classroom. And now that I'm comfortable with those I'm excited about utilizing all these new resources! This upcoming school year's going to be filled with all kinds of new innovative ways of learning across all content.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Yes! I didn't think I could do it all and I did! I really enjoyed learning about these 11 Tools! I need to practice some more than others but I'm looking forward to applying what I've learning in my classroom this upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment