Bethany


Get a Voki now!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tool 8: Video Resources

I really enjoyed spending time looking through the different video resources! TeacherTube.com was one of my favorites! This one clip I found cracked me up! It's called 'Mrs. Burk Perimeter Rap'
http://www.teachertube.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=157&title=Mrs__Burk_Perimeter_Rap
Last year, in third grade we learned about Perimeter and Area and I know my students would have loved this video! And what a great way to get the kids engaged at the start of a lesson! We could have showed it daily for a while and taught it to the students, making it easier for them to remember the definitions of both Are and Perimeter!
I also enjoyed exploring SchoolTube.com! This website will come in very handy next year! One of my favorite videos was 'I have a Dream: Martin Luther King day'
http://www.schooltube.com/video/02831c44b39940f193f9/I-Have-a-Dream-Martin-Luther-King-Day
The students made this video and did a great job! They seemed to really understood the significance of MLK's speech. This gives me all kinds of ideas for the upcoming school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment