Bethany


Get a Voki now!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Tool 6: Wikis

I really enjoyed watching the video 'Wikis in Plain English,' he made the concept of using the Wiki websites look so simple and convenient!
I think the students would enjoy using Wikis for group projects. Also, a great idea they had listed on their website was for students to be able to create their own portfolios! I know my third graders would have loved that last year!
I also liked the idea of creating a page for myself like this example I saw,
http://sites.google.com/a/googleclassrooms.org/mrs-richau/Home Mrs. Richau has an excellent Wiki page!! She has a list of 'Class Announcements' so parents and students can visit her page for helpful info. She also has several links on her page for school supplies, a suggested reading list, school forms, weekly spelling lists and several more! What a great idea! I want to make one of these pages for my class this upcoming school year! This is my favorite tool so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment